Summer is just in. It’s time for your skin to get all sweaty, itchy, and irritable. This gradually makes it dull and prone to various skin rashes and infections.
Summer comes along with many skin problems namely sun damage, prickly heat/eczema, bug bites, breakouts, spots, dehydration, rashes and infections. And for people who are into games, sports or athletics the consequences are even worse.
So to begin with, here are some useful tips to fight off summer side effects:
- Most importantly, drink as much water as you can, at least 8-10 glasses a day. It flushes the system out of toxins .It’s the key to fresh, glowing skin.
- Take a proper low fat, less fried diet. Fresh juices, fruits, buttermilk would be icing on the cake.
- Never go out in harsh sun without applying a good SPF sunscreen and an umbrella or cotton cloth to cover your exposed body parts.
- Include salads and soups in your diet plan, regular exercise has superb results.
- Ensure that you do not stress yourself out too much and take adequate rest and sleep.
- Always use a light moisturizer on your face and body, don’t ever go without moisturizing.
- In late twenties start using anti-ageing and anti-oxidant lotion for your skin.
- Use rose water to wipe your face when feel sweaty.
Let’s head on to some homemade skin remedies useful to fight skin infections and other skin problems.
Ingredients: 1 tsp apricot kernel powder, 3 tbs apricot pulp, 3 tbs ripe papaya pulp. Mix all the ingredients well, apply to face and neck. Keep for half an hour and scrub well while rinsing off. Apricot particles clarifies skin off impurities, exfoliates, tones it and papaya helps your skin rejuvenate and fight with many skin issues.
Ingredients: 1 raw egg, 1 tablespoon of honey, 1 tablespoon of sour cream. Mix all, apply over face and neck. Keep it for 20 minutes and rinse off. Egg proteins help lubricate your skin, honey acts as a moisturizer and sour cream helps remove off dead skin cells and impurities causing skin infections.
Ingredients: 1/8 cup ground almonds, 2 tbs milk or cream, 1 tsp lemon juice. Mix well the ingredients, apply on face and neck and wash off. Lemon contains AHA’S (alpha hydroxyl acids) helpful in cleansing, toning and exfoliating the skin. Milk helps slough off dead skin cells and almond has a nourishing effect.
Ingredients: 1/2 cup fresh strawberries, 1 tablespoon fresh milk, 1 tablespoon rice flour or cornstarch. Mix well all the ingredients and apply on face and neck. Keep it for half an hour and then wash off. Strawberries, which are also known to contain anti-oxidants and anti-ageing agents, removes dead skin cells to reveal underlying soft, bright skin.
Ingredients: Neem powder 1tbs, Turmeric powder 1tbs, Sour milk 3tbs, Fullers earth 1tbs. Mix well the ingredients and apply on face and neck. Keep it for half an hour and wash off. It removes excess oil, opens clogged pores, removes pimples and checks their recurrence. It imparts a healthy glow to the skin by improving its texture.
So now since you have so much to do for your skin, don’t waste time and brace yourself for the harsh summer fight. Good luck!